6 Comments on "Links"

  1. Mark Schuster | November 4, 2013 at 8:33 pm |

    Hi there. I have recently acquired a 1958 Chev Biscayne that I am starting to restore. It’s been modified already (roof chop) so my resto isn’t a concourse effort. I am interested in 2 things…..firstly a list of local businesses that specialise in vehicle restoration, and secondly some comment about the best club to join in the region. I live in Nuriootpa. I look forward to your reply. Cheers

    • Peter Bailey | November 20, 2013 at 9:34 pm |

      Any of the local crash shops would do restoration on your car.
      You could join any car club but a modified (hot rod ) club would probably be better having like interest in that type of vehicle.
      What ever club you join you would not be able to get concessional registration for your vehicle (especially historic due to the chop top)) at this time, the modified concessional registration that has recently been introduced is for modified (hot rods) older than 1949 or vehicles (new) appearing to be of 1949 vintage or older, that is my interpretation of the recent regulation introduced.

  2. Hi Mark
    If the car is not original (ie it has a roof chop) it does not conform with the requirements for Historic Registration, so you would not be able to gain concession rego through the Gawler Car Club. It would however qualify for concessional rego as a street rod, and you would need to contact a club with street rod interests, and they would best be able to assist with your queries. Sorry I cannot assist with a local club with street rod interests. You may like to contact Goode Restorations in Clare who specialise in restoration work.

  3. Peter McConnell | March 7, 2014 at 3:59 pm |

    Have got 2. T-model ford diffs for sale give me a call 0438853945

  4. Gday I own a 78 holden panelvan sandman replica. Standard 253 4 spd aftermarket wheels no major mods . I am wanting to get historic reg but have been told by service sa that I need to be a member of a car club, living out past gawler mid nth can you recommend a car club suitable considering my location . Thanks for help. Todd.

    • Peter Bailey | April 27, 2015 at 11:45 am |

      Your panel van would not be eligible for historic registration due to it being a replica and not as original.
      There is talk of a new concessional registration for modified vehicles such as yours to be available but no idea when.
      My advice is to join a car club which has approval for allowing historic vehicle registration then hopefully very soon you can transfer to the modified scheme given that I think most clubs would support this scheme.
      Clubs north of Adelaide apart from the Gawler club you would need to check with the Federation of Historic Motoring
      Clubs of SA to find which clubs are approved for your requirement. http://www.fhmcsa.org.au
      You are most welcome to join the GVV&CVC.

Comments are closed.